Guinness World Record Attempt at Rye Pier
Terms & Conditions
1. It is a condition of entry to the event that all participants accept these terms and conditions and undertake to comply with these terms and conditions. By entering into the Guinness World Record Attempt – The Longest Chain, you are deemed to have read and accepted the below terms and conditions and agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
2. At all times, participants are to adhere to the instruction & directions of event staff. Anyone that does not adhere to the directions of event staff may be removed from the activity.
3. Divers must be at designated points as per the event schedule to be published one week prior to the event or forfeit the right to participate
4. Anyone that is not checked in before the designated closing time of registration risks not being able to take part in the event.
5. Minimum Requirements – All participants MUST have an Open Water certification and a minimum of 1 post-certification dive in Victoria the last 12 months.
6. All participants must pay in full at time of booking.
7. Refund Policy – The event fee ($25) is non-refundable unless the total event is cancelled. Event cancellation is at the discretion of event organisers can be cancelled on the day. Safety is our number one priority.
8. All participants agree that they are in a fit state to dive and in good health.
9. All participants agree and commit to all of their equipment being used is in current service and test as per the manufacturer’s recommendations and accordance with AS 2030. During the event, if an event staff member ascertains that your equipment is not fit for diving, you will not be allowed to dive and you will forgo the cost of the event and potentially risk the record attempt.
10. All divers must have an alternate air-source, SPG, depth indicator and timing device.
11. All divers must have sufficient air for a 45-minute dive at a depth of 8 metres
12. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the diver agrees that they:
- Have previous experience using all equipment and are correctly weighted for every dive.
- Will adhere to the advised dive plan
- Have a qualification that is suitable for the dive
13. By the act of booking on, all divers have agreed to the following:
I have assessed the risks inherent in scuba diving, and understand the hazards of scuba diving including those hazards on land whilst gearing up. I understand that these hazards include, but are not limited to, air expansion injuries, drowning, decompression sickness, injuries occurring while getting in and out of the water and attending the event. I knowingly and voluntarily agree to accept these risks.
14. All participants MUST take responsibility for own property
15. The organisers take no responsibility for participants getting to and from the event.
16. Media Release – Participants
As a participant of D.I.V.A’s Guinness World Report attempted for the Longest Chain of Scuba Divers, there will be photos and video taken by the organisers. By completing the booking you are agreeing to allow D.I.V.A to use your image in marketing material, on social media sites and future promotions.